Why don’t you split 10’s in blackjack?

Yumikochan

Either because it's a poor concept or because it is a terrible idea.

1. In a game where the goal is to go as near to 21 without going over, you have 20. I'm hoping I won't have to explain why it would be crazy to split up such a powerful total.
2. You're counting, and the count is *so* ridiculous that splitting a 20 is *so* predictable (in terms of expectation) that it's not as "nutso" as #1 states. This count may also take into account the dealer's upcard.

You made a mistake in #1 by splitting your tens. If you tell everyone watching in #2 that you're counting cards, you're being stupid because by the time the dealer has dealt all of your extra cards, you'll probably get 86'd.

It's an awful plan.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
2022/11/29 AM11点18分 , Yumikochan 说:

Either because it's a poor concept or because it is a terrible idea.

1. In a game where the goal is to go as near to 21 without going over, you have 20. I'm hoping I won't have to explain why it would be crazy to split up such a powerful total.
2. You're counting, and the count is *so* ridiculous that splitting a 20 is *so* predictable (in terms of expectation) that it's not as "nutso" as #1 states. This count may also take into account the dealer's upcard.

You made a mistake in #1 by splitting your tens. If you tell everyone watching in #2 that you're counting cards, you're being stupid because by the time the dealer has dealt all of your extra cards, you'll probably get 86'd.

It's an awful plan.

Splitting 10s is a big mistake. The odds aren't in your favor. 🙅‍♂️